If you are an individual or company raising money for GroceryAid, looking for ways to equip and motivate your supporters, these top 10 tips will give you just what you need.
1. Take on a fundraising challenge such as our Coast to Coast Cycle, London to Brussels Cycle or the Co-Op Windermere Row. Pick a challenge that’s right for you, by focusing on skills or hobbies personal to you
2. Don’t be afraid to share, share, share! From posting on your social media to dropping a message in a WhatsApp group, there are many ways to spread the word you are raising money
3. Film a short video and tell others why you are raising money for GroceryAid and taking on this challenge
4. Set yourself a target and if you are part of a team why not set an individual target – nothing wrong with some friendly competition
5. Regularly update your social media and/or fundraising page with progress shots so friends & family can follow your journey – don’t forget to tag GroceryAid!
6. Encourage others and fellow teammates by sharing your fundraising activity or training tips in group WhatsApp chats
7. Challenge your colleagues with a team game with £1 / £2 entry or why not organise a company raffle
8. Organise a company cake sale
9. Challenge your suppliers
10. Update your email footers or put an article on your internal intranet
If you are reading this and hoping to raise some money for GroceryAid, a big thank you for your support. Our industry events raise the lion’s share of funds for the charity and sporting events appeal to colleagues from across the industry because they create an opportunity for team building with a bit of friendly competition.
All money raised helps us continue to support our essential work. If you would like to discover who we are helping and how, read the full 2021/22 Impact Report.