Supporting you to care for others
Did you know that right now over 6 million people in the UK are carers for a loved one who is elderly, disabled or seriously ill?
Caring can be a positive experience in many ways. But juggling work with caring can also impact every aspect of your life – financially and emotionally.
So, wherever you are on the caring journey, it’s really important to remember that support is out there – and you have every right to ask for help.
Call our 24/7 helpline for:
- A confidential chat, including in-the-moment emotional support any time of the day or night
- Access to structured counselling, in person or on the phone, Subject to assessment
- Information about sick pay and the benefits you may qualify for
- Details of support services and help finding the right one for you
- Help for young carers through our partners at Kooth, a health and wellbeing platform
Financial grants to support you as a carer
If caring in household means you need financial help, we also provide one-off grants. Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply below.
Are you eligible?
- Help is available to all current grocery colleagues who’ve been working in the industry for at least six months and who meet our financial criteria.
- Or former colleagues who worked in the grocery industry for a total of five years or more (this doesn’t have to be continuous and can be with multiple companies) who meet our financial criteria.
- You also need proof of your Carers Allowance, Carers Credit or a benefit such as SSP, ESA, PIP or DLA