Watch the Christmas message from our CEO, Kieran Hemsworth
In 2023 we have been able to help a higher number of grocery colleagues than ever before, thanks to the continued and growing support of our industry. Here are some of the key statics and achievements from 2023:
- Over 450 industry organisations have engaged with GroceryAid by spreading awareness of our welfare services and attending fundraising events
- 40,000 incidents of support were given to industry colleagues, representing a 44% increase on the previous 12 months
- We received over 10,000 calls to the GroceryAid helpline
- We paid out a total of £888,900 in School Essentials Grants, helping 5,926 children go back to school with a new school uniform
- We ran 12 incredible fundraising events which were attended by over 15,000 grocery industry colleagues
- We had the highest number of Gold GroceryAid Awards winners in the charity’s history, with a 43% increase on the previous year
GroceryAid is open 24/7, 365 days a year, even on Christmas day. For free and confidential support, call our helpline on 08088 021 122, or visit the financial, emotional, and practical support pages on the website.
Thank you for your support in 2023, from everyone at GroceryAid we hope you enjoy the festive period, and we look forward to 2024.