School Essentials Grant
Our non-repayable School Essentials Grant is designed to help low income families with the cost of school uniform and equipment for the start of the new school year.
Parents employed in grocery for at least six months can apply to receive £150 per school-aged child (maximum of three children for payment). The School Essentials Grant is a limited fund and it will close when it has been spent.
You can apply online for a School Essentials Grant if:
- You are currently working in the grocery industry and have been employed for the last six months employment with the same company
- You have a school age child , aged 4-18 by September 2021 for whom you receive Child Benefit
- You receive either Universal Credit, breakdown shows child element or Child Tax Credits
- Household savings are below £4,000
What you need to apply
To apply you will need to upload supporting documents to the online application form to evidence the following:
- Your last full month’s bank statements showing the grocery employer salary crediting or your last pay slip
- Your bank statement showing Child Benefit crediting or a copy of your Child Benefit statement award
- Your Universal Credit statement breakdown (available online) which shows your child element or your last full month’s bank statement showing Child Tax Credit crediting
If you cannot provide all of the above at the point you apply we will be unable to progress your application.
You can only apply for this grant through our online application form, we are unable to provide a paper application
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org due to the high number of applications we are unable to discuss your application by telephone. Providing your online application contains the supporting evidence requested you will hear from us within six weeks.
The Leverhulme Trade Charities Trust is a supporter of the GroceryAid School Essentials Grant