School Essentials Grant
GroceryAid has launched a grant programme to help low-income families with the cost of purchasing school essentials. The grant is £150 per school-aged child (between 4-18 yrs) , up to a maximum of three children per family.
Household income needs to meet GroceryAid’s criteria for financial hardship. We use Joseph Rowntree Minimum Income Standards guidelines which takes into account the family make up and housing costs. This grant is aimed at people who are in receipt of Child Tax Credit.
You can apply for a grant if:
- You are currently employed in grocery and have been for at least 12 months or more
- You can evidence receipt of Child Benefit which is paid into your bank account (one grant per child)
- Household net income meets GroceryAid’s criteria for financial hardship
- Household savings are below £1000
- Anyone receiving a grant from GroceryAid since 1st April 2020 will not be eligible to apply.
To apply you will need to have ready:
- One full month’s bank statements evidencing all household income, housing costs, and child benefit payments or child benefit statements. This may mean you need to provide multiple accounts including your partner’s bank statement.
- Evidence that you are currently working in grocery and have continuously worked in the grocery sector for at least the last 12 months.
Your evidence can be in the form of:
- The last 12 months payslips
- A letter /email from your employer on letterhead or from a company email address confirming your term of employment
- Another official document such as a P60 for the last two years of employment.
The School Essentials Grant is a limited fund. The grant will close on the 30th September or when the fund has been used, whichever comes first.