Supporting all grocery colleagues in their time of need. This includes manufacturing, supermarkets, independents, wholesalers, distribution, sales, and all support functions.
The GroceryAid Covid-19 Fund has been established to provide enhanced support for colleagues during this unprecedented period. GroceryAid has raised a fund of £1.5m to ensure support will reach people who need it.
Mental Health Support
Offering ‘in the moment’ emotional and practical support for grocery colleagues dealing with shock, anxiety, or stress, from day one of them working in the grocery industry:
Non-repayable one-off grants to help those struggling with financial hardship caused during Covid-19. You must be able to evidence a reduction in income due to Covid-19.
Our non-repayable grants are designed to help those experiencing an unexpected emergency like a change in circumstances or a sudden gap in income.
You can apply for a financial grant if:
- You are currently working in the grocery industry and can evidence the last six months employment with the same company. A maximum of one grant in 12 months.
- You are no longer working in the grocery industry, but previously worked in it for five years or more (the time worked doesn’t have to be continuous and can be with multiple companies) and have not had a grant from GroceryAid before.
- Your household net income and savings meet GroceryAid’s financial criteria.
If you have any questions about our criteria for a grant then please contact the Welfare Team on firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
Apply for a Financial GrantApply Online
Bereavement Financial Assistance
Providing financial assistance following the loss of a loved one through Covid-19.
- Grocery colleagues who lose a partner to Covid-19 or
- The immediate family (demonstrating a partnership or family member in the same household) of a grocery colleague who has passed away as a result of Covid-19 whilst working in our industry.
- Either the deceased or the applicant must be currently working in the grocery industry at the time of death with three months minimum service or if no longer working in grocery ten years’ service.
How to Apply
If you are applying for Bereavement Financial Assistance, complete the application form online, or if you would prefer to post or email download the application below. If you have not lost a spouse/ partner to Covid-19 but would like to apply for a Financial Grant then please apply online above.
You will be asked to provide a copy of the death certificate which must mention Covid-19 as the reason for death and evidence of grocery employment.