We're not buying it and we're asking the industry to not buy debt too.
The number of people seeking help with debt problems hit a record high in the first half of 2016 (StepChange research), with those affected increasingly likely to be younger, working part-time and renting their home.
Help us to raise awareness of debt and the help available by telling your colleagues and supporting the work of GroceryAid. Whether you’re working in manufacturing, as a brand-owner, wholesaling, grocery retailing or any other part of the supply chain, we need your support. You can do this in so many ways.
- Make us your main company charity.
- Support our events. It would be great to see you there.
- Hold your own fundraising events. We’d love to hear your ideas.
- Make a corporate donation.
- Spread the word. Tell your colleagues about us.
- Connect with GroceryAid on LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook.
Contact us today and start the conversation on how you can support our campaign: email@example.com
How does GroceryAid help people with debt issues?
GroceryAid provides a range of services to help people address debt and money issues. One of the first things to do when you are experiencing problems with your finances is to get an overview of your situation. We work in partnership with StepChange and Turn2us to help you assess your own personal situation.
You can start the process by going to our Money and Debt pages. Here you will be able to access the following services from StepChange and Turn2us:
- 20-minute debt remedy toolkit - can provide recommendations and solutions tailored to your situation.
- 60-second debt checker - answer a few simple question to see if you need debt advice
- Check whether you are receiving the correct benefits through the Turn2us Benefits Calculator.
If you are eligible for our financial support we may be able to assist with a regular financial support, an emergency grant or white goods and mobility items. To find out more check out 'Financial help available for grocery people' or go to Apply for Help from GroceryAid.