At GroceryAid we know that a crisis can happen at any time
in your life.
When you’re least expecting it, things can happen in your life and you need help paying for something that you can’t cover with your usual salary or income.
To be eligible for financial help you need to:
• Currently be working in the UK grocery industry and have been for at least three years or have worked in the industry previously for at least five years
• Meet our financial criteria
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Sometimes people apply because of a short-term crisis such as being off sick or following a relationship breakdown. We can also help people who have long-term problems, such as caring for a sick relative or following early retirement due to health issues.
Each grant application is assessed on its own merit and help
offered will depend on individual circumstances.
What you need to have ready before applying
• Copies of your last three months bank statements for you and your partner’s accounts and if applicable, your DWP statement or a copy of your Universal Credit statement to verify your income and expenditure.
• Evidence of each year of your grocery service. This could be in the form of P60’s for each year, employment documents or a letter from your employer confirming start and end dates. If you don’t have this evidence, you can give us authority to do a HM Revenue and Customs employment check.
• Details about your qualifying grocery employment including names and dates of employment.
• Reason for your application, the situation you find yourself in and how you would like GroceryAid to help.
Applying on behalf of someone else or prefer to post or email your application and evidence? You can download a copy of the application form here.
If you have any queries or would like help completing or submitting a grant application form, please call 01252 875925 and press one to speak with a member of our Welfare team in complete confidence. Alternatively, you can send an email to email@example.com